Monday 26 August 2013

Summer drinks at 'The dog's'

Today was the last day off work, the sun was out and one of my favourite local walks is from our house to Dulwich village. 25 minutes after leaving home, we can reward ourselves with a potter around the village and a refreshing libation at the centre of the village in the Crown and Greyhound (http://www.thecrownandgreyhound.co.uk/). Gipsy Spread treated me to brunch, this walk and subsequent beverage today.

It was with excitement that I seated myself on a bench outside whilst Gipsy Spread headed in to buy our drinks. He hadn't asked me what I wanted and whilst seated there, I noticed the following specials drinks menu.

I was hopeful, and knowing Gipsy Spread, who knows me, I was pretty certain he would get me something from this list and that it would be boozy!

He returned and I knew I was right. He asked me to guess my drink. I correctly identified the blackcurrent and gin bramble. This was delightfully refreshing and fruity.

 
I now want to sample all of the options and I think I definitely want to try the cucumber and basil boozy lemonade! I also think that this might be one I try to make at home. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment