Thursday 1 August 2013

Some like it hot...

We headed for our date night (aka pay day dinner) last night to the Cinnamon Club. This is a wonderful venue, although it’s literally across the road from my office. It is fine dining set in the grand old Westminster library.

I had checked the latest menu in advance and was very excited by the vegetarian options they were providing in this heat.

We were greeted with a beautifully crisp spiced potato ball canapé with a yoghurt sauce, courtesy of the chef of course.
 



After this, I had my first Indian spiced cold soup. This was delightfully light and refreshing, with a warmth at the back of my throat. I’ll happily try and replicate this dish. It was the chilled green mango and tomato soup with cucumber salad. The salad came first, and then the soup was poured over. The efficient waiter was far too quick for me to take a picture of just the salad sans soup.


Gipsy Spread had the chilled sardine fillets with red chilli and garlic, fennel salad.

For my main course I had the wonderful spinach and paneer kofta with tomato fenugreek sauce, lemon rice.

Gipsy Spread hadn’t had lamb in a while and opted for the more traditional tandoori lamb fillet with rich onion sauce, pilau rice. We also shared a cheeky garlic nan.


We accompanied our meal with the ubiquitous champagne bellini.


We were far too full for any dessert. The regularly changing menu can be found here
http://www.cinnamonclub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment