Sunday 25 August 2013

Snowdonia award winning cheeses

I mentioned coming away with some cheddar in my post about the Foodies Festival (http://gipsytoast.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-foodies-festival.html) that I visited last week. Well, last night I indulged in one of my favourite guilty pleasures of a cheese plate for dinner. We had had a large and late lunch. Sufficient excuse!

I cracked into my award winning truckle with great joy. The pickle cheddar which I had sampled at the festival was eaten on artisinal poppy seed crackers, with some quince jelly.

The cheese was delightfully creamy, rich and crumbly in texture, with the lovely pungency of onion and tang of pickle. I would very much recommend this.


I had also tried the 'red devil' at the festival, which I now wish I had also purchased. It was a wonderful red leicester cheese with a massive kick of chilli. It was a tad too much for Gipsy Spread which is why we didn't purchase it. I won't make this mistake next time.

You can order this beautiful cheese online or find local stockists on their website http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/.


No comments:

Post a Comment