Saturday 28 September 2013

The Cinnamon Club pt II

This is my second posting on the Cinnamon Club. Like New York New York, it's so great that I've featured it twice. I also can't gurantee that it might not feature again.

It was leaving day from work. My last day, with my handover notes completed, the main focus of the day was my long leaving lunch, to be followed by my leaving drinks. My boss made a reservation for the Cinnamon Club, which is just across the road from my office and which now sadly I will not be working as closely to. I had also had my previous works leaving drinks (I moved within the same building) in the Club's cocktail bar. On the plus side, I will now be working a stone's throw from Borough market.

The menu is constantly changing at the Cinnamon Club, so I was able to sample a different selection of dishes to last month. The canape (courtesy of the chef of course) was a crispy spiced potato ball on a yoghurt sauce.
 
My apetizer was stir fry of baby corn with mint and molasses, curried yoghurt. My boss went for a meat feast over lunch and started with the pan seared Cumbrian pink veal escalope with pineapple raita.


My main of Hyderabadi style root vegetable biryani, ground vegetable cake and boorani raita was a spicy delight with a building heat coming from the rice. It also slowly released jewels of roasted root vegetables which were engulfed by the lentils.
 
One of the carniverous offerings from the lunch menu was the tandoori lamb fillet with nutmeg, rich onion sauce and pilau rice. The menu also included seafood and chicken.


We drank a perfectly crisp and dry rose wine which I picked from the extensive wine list. Where else would it be from than provence!? I was temporarily distracted by the Jeroboam of Champagne at £346. We did discuss that this seemed good value when we thought this equated to 8 bottles. One google search later we realised it only holds 4 bottles. However, still not bad value?

It was a celebratory occasion and the desserts were very tempting, so I opted for the dark chocolate praline cake with coffee ice cream, whilst my boss had the Culkand brulee with plum and pine nut crumble.


Oh Cinnamon Club, how I will miss you and I hope to visit again soon. This might be easier if you were open on a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment