Sunday 29 September 2013

Lemon sabayon with fresh raspberrys

I had 2 egg yolks left from the macaron making that I wanted to do something magical with. No simple egg custard for me, but rather the slightly fancier would we say?, French sabayon. A dessert, which is itself based on the Italian zabaglione. Sister in law Spread had this as her dessert on her birthday and was lovely over fresh raspberries, some of which mother in law Spread also had.


What you will need
3 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
2 table spoons of water
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon

Fresh raspberrys


In a heatproof bowl whisk the egg yolks, sugar and the water together over a pan of simmering water until thickened and frothy. It will expand to 4-5 times its volume. I timed myself and it took about 8 minutes to thicken to the texture of double cream.





Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon zest and juice (add more if you fancy). Whisk until cool.




I served this over raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment