Monday 2 September 2013

Sweet corn salsa

This is a great little salsa that can go with a variety of dishes. Some spiced and barbecued halloumi or bean burgers perhaps? However, I was making my extremely simple enchiladas for a quick school night dinner and wanted to offset my spicy refried beans in a cheesy sauce with the sweetness of the sweet corn and the freshness of the lime and herbs.

What you will need
150g sweet corn
1 tablespoon jalapenos
1 green chilli
2 spring onions
2 tbsp fresh mint
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1 lime

Empty the sweetcorn into a bowl. I used the tinned variety, but you can also use cooked frozen or fresh sweet corn if this is what you have.

Chop all the other ingredients; the jalapenos, green chilli, spring onions and herbs and add to the sweet corn. Season with salt and add the juice of the lime.



 

Serve this alongside which ever main dish you fancy. I had this with my three bean enchilada. See here.




No comments:

Post a Comment