Sunday 7 July 2013

The Murray Medley

Wow, so what a scorcher today turned out to be, as well as an exciting finale to Wimbledon.


Gipsy Spread and I were in the home counties this weekend, visiting Mother in law Spread and attending a first birthday party in an eclectic garden. Think, piano outside on patio with flowers growing out of it, a vegetable patch and wild flower conservation area, y'know for the bees. There was also a paddling pool for the children, which made me wonder why there are not paddling pools for adults?


Anyway, after the party we headed back to the cottage, planning on removing back to London. We were all parched from the sun, and as we noted the Wimbledon scores, we settled down to see whether the finale was indeed soon, before heading back to London. I therefore decided to knock up some mocktails for us to help quench our thirst.


I had purchased some cranberry cordial yesterday, which I poured over ice into a jug. I picked some fresh mint from the garden and added several spriggs to the jug, a squeeze of a fresh lemon and some of the lemon zest, then topped this up with fizzy water.


This is what we were all drinking in the final 30 minutes of the most tense sporting event I have witnessed (perhaps this is because I don't generally watch much sport!?). So, I name this very simple, but refreshing mocktail the Murray Medley, in his honour. Cheers Andy!


Now we are back at home, where's the real stuff...?


No comments:

Post a Comment