Monday 8 July 2013

Hot as hell(im)!

Well, after pie gate yesterday (it wasn’t really a 'gate'); I opted for a no carb. salad dinner tonight, in keeping with the hot weather. I had previously knocked up some rocket and parsley pesto from the leaves given to me, again by Mother in law Spread after our last visit. I had frozen some as I had made so much and this was going to be the perfect dressing for my butter beans with grilled halloumi.


What you will need
1 bag/bunch of rocket (about a handful)
A bunch of parsley (about a handful)
2 cloves garlic
1 handful of pine nuts or walnuts
Olive oil
Parmesan (about a handful)
1 tin of butter beans
1 pack of halloumi
Lemon
Fresh basil


Blitz the rocket, parsley, garlic and nuts together (whichever you chose) in a blender. Either add what seems like a handful of parmesan to the blender or grate separately and stir into the blended ingredients. Season the pesto with salt and pepper and add olive oil to bind. You don’t necessarily need that much if you are going to be eating it immediately. I prefer to make it rather than buy it as I don’t need to add so much oil as I’m not preserving it.


Stir as much as you fancy of the pesto through a drained can of butter beans. I just add a squeeze of lemon juice to freshen the whole thing up before topping with three to four slices of oozy, bubbling and brown halloumi. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh basil.



Gipsy Spread had a great time with his rocket pesto and butter beans salad as he also had Waitrose’ pulled pork. Thanks Ocado for the awesome meat treat for my man. Although, he does very much like the hellim, so I let him have one slice with his pork.


He still has a lot of the pork left, so the challenge of dinners to accompany pulled pork continues. If he's lucky, I might make gyozas this weekend with it. Watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment