Sunday 23 March 2014

Tomato and camembert tart

Pastry is an excellent freezer staple for knocking up a quick and easy tart for dinner. I pulled out the short crust pastry for Friday's dinner as I also had a round of camembert and I resolved to pick up some fresh and juicy tomatoes from Borough market. It also gave me a reason to pull out the gruyere that has also been languishing in the freezer since France last year (as if we can't get it here?). Perhaps I'll then treat us to a fondue this week?


What you will need
I packet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
Dijon mustard
2 large plum tomatoes
200g camembert
50g gruyere cheese
Lemon thyme


Firstly line a tart dish with the short crust pastry (there is no need to blind bake). Next, using a table spoon, thinly spread the mustard over the base of the pastry. Grate the gruyere and sprinkle over the mustard.


Slice the tomatoes and camembert and layer into the tart case in overlapping layers.
Season well with salt and pepper, sprinkling over the fresh lemon thyme.


Bake in the oven at 180-200 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Serve with a simple green salad in a balsamic dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment