Thursday 13 March 2014

Carluccios

Cousin in law Spread was visiting with daughter from the outer Hebridies, quite literally, this is where they live. After a day spent culture vulturing around all the London Museums, they would clearly need a good meal and Italian is a favourite of Cousin in Law Spread's daughter.


Not knowing the local Italian joints in the area I decided to go big. Not quite as big as Ask or Strada and their ilk, but rather, Carluccios on Brompton Road.


I have visited one of the chains before, but it has been several years since I have set foot in one. I had looked at the menu before hand and found that they did an excellent set menu with two courses for £10.95.


I of course always go for a starter and Gipsy Spread for the dessert, so we both usually get a taste of all three courses.


I started with the bruschetta, followed by the spinach and ricotta ravioli, which all of us other than Gipsy Spread had. He opted for the sausage pasta.



Cousin in law Spread, and Gipsy Spread all then chose the tiramisu to finish our classic Italian meal with. Her daughter had the Italian gelatos. I of course got a taste of dessert.


Carluccios is a great Italian staple with consistently good quality dishes. It is also great value if choosing from the set menu, whilst the a la carte is much more extensive. From previous experience, I'd also recommend the penne with courgette and spinach balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment