Sunday 27 October 2013

Flapjacks with mixed seeds and sour cherries

The clocks went back last night and I had an extra hour to spare. The oven was also going to be on for the corn and jalapeno bread I was baking for my lunches this week. So, I set about making some nutritious flapjacks which would be great for a mid morning snack with a cup of tea, but also perfect for breakfast in the dark dark morning to follow, with my skinny latte on the train.

Oats are also high in iron, zinc and B vitamins which is great news for vegetarians. Mine are also packed with omega 3s as I used my mixed seeds in this recipe. These flap jacks can therefore almost be considered a super food (let's just ignore all that butter and sugar!).
What you will need
250g pack salted butter
6 tablespoons golden syrup
50g golden caster sugar
350g rolled oats
50g self-raising flour
30g mixed seeds
60g dried sour cherries
1 tea spoon lin seeds
Melted chocolate (optional)
 
 
Melt the butter together with the sugar and golden syrup. Once melted, stir in the rolled oats and flour, with the mixed seeds and dried fruits.
 
 
Lay the mix flat in a greased oven tray, sprinkle over the lin seeds and bake at 160 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Once cooked and if you have opted to do so (I didn't have any), drizzle over the melted chocolate and leave to cool before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment