Sunday 20 April 2014

Pesto, tomato and feta tart

Well, its my birthday soon and Gipsy Spread and I are away on the US Road Trip of a lifetime; we’re taking in San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Scottsdale Arizona and then flying to New Orleans. Can you tell that I’m excited? So many culinary adventures to have on the road and update here using the wiley wonders of wifi. So, it was decided that I would have some friends round for a simple lunch time followed by drinks locally to celebrate in advance of the actual day which will be spent at the Grand Canyon.
 
I was going to knock up the very easy tomato and camembert tart, a pesto, tomato and feta tart, a leg of lamb from ‘Jerusalem’ for the meat eaters and potato and green salads.
 
What you will need
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
4 table spoons of pesto (I used wild garlic)
4 tomatoes
Feta cheese
This is so simple to make if you are buying in your pesto, but you can also make your own. I used my recently made wild garlic pesto from my weekend of foraging.
 
Roll out the puff pastry and score around the outside about 1cm in. Next layer the pesto into the centre and spread to the edge of the scored area. Slice the tomatoes and arrange over the top, finishing with feta cheese.


Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees until the pastry and feta has browned. Serve with all or any of the above accompaniments.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment