Monday 17 February 2014

Pea and feta puff pastry tart

I love pastry, however I do try to limit my intake. Now that I have been doing the 5:2, I revelled in being able to make this, the most simple yet delicious of dishes for dinner tonight. We are of course in February and this dish is so fresh and vibrant that it screams springtime. It is also the perfect minimum effort dinner for the first day back at work after the weekend.


What you will need
1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry
200g green peas
2 spring onions
1/2 tea spoon chilli flakes
1 tea spoon lemon juice
100g feta cheese
Fresh mint
Fresh lemon thyme


Firstly, make sure the peas are cooked (I used thawed frozen green peas). Season well with salt and pepper and add to a bowl with the sliced spring onions, chilli flakes and lemon juice.


I use a potato peeler to burst open my peas and bring the flavours together. You might want to give them a small mix together in a blender.


Next, roll out the puff pastry in a rectangle and add to a baking tray. Score around the edge about 1 cm in.


Next spread the pea mix in the middle of the pastry then tear over the mint and add the fresh thyme leaves, finally crumbling over the feta cheese.

Bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the pastry has cooked and the feta has singed.


Serve with a crisp green salad (and yes, ok, a nice new potato salad, but dressed with lemons and mustard and not mayonnaise).

No comments:

Post a Comment