Sunday 16 February 2014

M&S 'dine in for £20' Valentines dinner

So, I mentioned yesterday that we decided to go out for dinner for a change on V-day. Having thought about it, I think in the last 7 years, this is perhaps the only time we have eaten out on the day of lovers. Well, we got a little bit greedy and also couldn’t help but buy this year’s M&S 'dine in for £20' offer. This meant that we go a starter to share, a main and side dish, dessert, a bottle of pink fizz and a box of chocolates all for £20 – separately the choices I had made would have come to £35.

 
So, it was going to be a weekend of love for us and I couldn't help but describe the meal here.

 
We began with the starter of breaded and baked camembert with a plum chutney from their Gastropub range. This is such a simple starter, but so rich, tangy and satisfyingly luxurious.



Gipsy Spread had (and will continue to have tomorrow), the beef wellington parcel from the Grastropub range. I of course, opted for a southern fried breaded quorn fillet as it was to be accompanied with the M&S side dish of potatoes and tomatoes with mozzarella and I also wilted some spinach to give us some simple greens.






Finally, dessert was the love themed triple chocolate heart shaped pudding.


We of course accompanied this with a bottle of pink Champagne that I had picked up at the Harveys shop in Lewes a few weeks ago, followed by the M&S pink cava, which was delightfully crisp and dry.


This is a fabulous offer by M&S which will keep me coming back each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment