Thursday 5 June 2014

Welsh rarebit stuffed jac-pots

My feeder tendences get the better of me. Even when Gipsy Spread was going to be at home and able to cook his own lunch, I decided to take what he would have for lunch into my own hands. The oven was going to be on for roasting my fabulous vegetables for dinner last night, so I thought I'd bake a couple of small potatoes and make some gooey cheesey welsh rarebit potatoes for him to simply pop in the ovent for 20 minutes to finish.
 
 

What you will need
4 small potatoes
160g mature cheddar
2 eggs
1/2 a tea spoon cayenne pepper
1 tea spoon mustard
1 tea spoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
1/2 an onion finely chopped


Place the potatoes in the oven to cook through for 50-60 minutes at 220 degrees.

Meanwhile chop the onion and grate the cheddar. Mix together with the eggs, cayenne pepper, mustard and worcestershire sauce and season well with salt and pepper.

When the potatoes are cooked, slice them in half and carefully scoop out the flesh and mix with the egg and cheese mix.

Scoop back into the skins and bake for a further 20 minutes at 200 degrees.



Serve hot with a nice salad, or in this case with some delicious home-made pickled onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment